ReScattered

A space to reflect on my readings and musings, scattered and rescattered

10.16.2008

writingwritingwritingwritingwriting

Today I'm getting a taste of my own medicine. I don't want to be blogging. I really don't. But I've run out of stupid things to do online. More importantly, I don't want to be one of those teachers who says "Do as I say, not as I do." I need to work on making my own writing habit more healthy. And since that means, just do it, I'm going to go all Nike on y'all and "just do it." I know I'm losing readers by the second because this is not the most interesting writing.

Here's what I've been preoccupied with today:

--Thinking about how engaging it was to watch the debate with my students. Gosh, were you all opinionated in smart and interesting (and entertaining) ways.
--Watching and re-watching the Batman/Penguin youtube debate clip I showed in class.
--Reading about Joe the Plumber, who apparently makes pretty good dough and is not a licensed plumber.
--Getting excited that Missouri is still a swing state and only slightly red. I think there's not prayer for the blue crew in the "show me" state, but who knows. I'd be very proud. And I'm still submitting my absentee ballot there. And yet I still feel cynical.
--Processing how to convince my beautiful darlings that they are too smart and interesting (and entertaining) not to go to college! And trying to convince them that we can figure out how to make it not break the bank.
--Wondering if I will ever get through the mountain of grading that I let pile up.
--And wondering why I ate soooo much Thai food that my stomach feels like it might explode. But oh it was good...
--Procrastinating setting up my new wireless router. I don't have the energy or brainpower for it, but I probably just need to get it over with.

Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home