ReScattered

A space to reflect on my readings and musings, scattered and rescattered

5.08.2009

Alvin Ailey at the Apollo



Despite my dance obsession and my commitment to conquering something unfamiliar, I'm pretty sure I will never be able to raise my legs quite like that. Certainly not with such grace. Imitation was not my goal in this one. Alvin Ailey...and at the Apollo no less. Haven't figured out how to write about it, because I'm just stuck with a smattering of adjectives: serene, disturbing; elegant, awkward; graceful, calculated; blended, hybrid smattering of awesomeness! I pretty much loved it. In a word, POWERFUL.

Here's an account of the event from another lovely lady in attendance. Perhaps her description will sum up what mine fails to convey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home